Monday, August 9, 2010

Teaching the Terrified Tongue (Part LXIV)

“A poem is energy transferred from where the poet got it (he will have some several causations), by way of the poem itself to, all the way over to, the reader. Okay. Then the poem itself must, at all points, be a high energy-construct and, at all points, an energy-discharge." Projective Verse - Charles Olson

The King by Chris, appeared in the first issue of Streams. Its authentic voice emerged from automatic writing done with a Commodore 128 computer in a classroom at Odyssey House.


I am a very nice person, but at times I can be a very uncomfortable person, too. So far I seem to be sticking this program out. This is my second program and I want it to be my last.

When I was out in the street I was a very vicious person. Some people can’t understand why, because I was always so nice to people. I will continue to be nice to people because it really pays in the end. I love and believe in the almighty God, my savior and creator. Without him I am nothing. I hate to say this, but I don’t have any feelings for my mother because she tried very hard to lock me up. My father who I love very dearly bailed me out many times. My sister who recently got married, lives in Brooklyn and is very happy.

I hurt my sister a great deal when she found out that I was basing my life away. Me and my sister were very tight. She was always there when I needed her, and I love her also. If something was to happen to her (God forbid!), I don’t know what I would do.

I grew up in the South Bronx. I was a hard core B. Boy. I stole, robbed, cheated, swindled, lied and hurt anyone who would get in my way while I was on my mission. I started using crack in the winter of 1984. I started selling crack in 1985 and I was making crazy money. I also had plenty of jewelry. I used to buy my ex-girlfriend a lot of gold and anything she wanted. After a while I started freebasing again. I was on my way down. I had nothing at all. I sold $1,500 worth of jewelry for $800. I took back all my girl’s gold and sold it. I sold the motor bikes I owned -- two Yamaha 100’s.

I knew I needed help and went to Florida to a rehabilitation program. I was doing so well for the six months I was there. I had plenty of jobs there. I got to know a lot of people such as doctors, lawyers, etc.

I came back to New York and I was on the streets only a month and I blew it again. I get very angry at myself. Right now I’m feeling depressed and thinking about all the things I’ve missed out on. Thinking about all the mistakes I’ve made scares me because I dream that I’m hitting the pipe again and I can actually feel the sensation of that hit. It makes me wonder about crack.

I really care about people. I used to fall in love with every beautiful girl that I saw. Mr. Computer you have to excuse me, because I really feel like expressing my feelings.

That’s okay Chris

Thank you. I fell in love with a girl recently, but I don’t know what to do. I am too scared to bring it up to the House. That is the problem that I am facing right now.

I also think of the way I endangered my life by sticking people up, robbing crack spots, stepping off with people’s bundles of crack just to get high. And if I have to do that just to get high I don’t want any part of it.

So--- I am an ex-crack patient, dust fiend, acid taker, cocaine snorter -- and doing that I will only get a job as a bathroom and floor porter.

I also used to write graffiti on trains. My name was Post One WF. I grew out of that, but I sort of miss writing my name everywhere. Post One never ever runs.

But now I will see y’all in a few because my jeep is double parked. Jeepski. In the place to be. The Cherokee jeep is on the move.

Dear Chris: I am very sorry to say that you lost all your money in your bank account. Please erase. Run.

My damned jeep is outside running out gas. My jeep. My jeep. My jeep is waiting for me in the summertime. Take me . . . take me to the water . . . summertime . . . summertime . . . I’m listening to the rain outside.

Will you take me for a ride?
It’s just a fantasy that you show
me all the way. I want to say aye.

Take me . . . take me to the water
summertime . . . summertime.
My jeep . . . my jeep, please let me park my jeep.

Yeah, I’m chilling, and the jeep is outside.

The black four door with the tinted windows
and the ultimate sound system.

THE JEEP

Post One WF.

Jeepski is the place to be.

THE JEEP

Summertime, summertime,
Take me to the water summertime,
Summertime, I’m listening to the rain outside.
Will you take me for a ride?

It’s just a fantasy!

When you show me all the way
I want to say
Take me
Take me to the water summertime . . .
Summertime. Maybe we can fall in love
In the summertime . . . summertime.

All in all
When you and I first met I thought you were
my all and all and all the way I feel for you
I thought all my dreams came true . . .
Came true.
There are times that I miss you
And I never thought you knew
And I’m crazy about you
And now you know
You are my all and all for you for you.
I will stand strong.

There once was a crazy kid named Post
Who always thought he was the most,
Until one day his mother burned his toast,
So he slapped her with a medium rare roast.

Dear ( ),
I happen to love you so much I don’t know
what to do. I am confused. I desper-
ately need your help. Your love and ad-
vice is very urgent to me at this time.
Every night when I lay my head to sleep
I think and dream about you. I really
want to have a real relationship with you.
Well, that’s all for now. Well. That’s all
for now. So have a nice day and enjoy the
holiday season. Sayonara.

Love always -- your invisible companion
Chris (Sad onion face) . . .

Please leave me alone. Let me be.
Lock the CAPS Program. Should be
ran. Please run the micro chip soft-
ware. Please run run

Thank you for your cooperation Mr. Computer!!
Post ONe is in the house!!! CEISM 129 TVS I
DIDN’T FORGET ABOUT YOU CAT FOOD FACE!!
JUST KIDDING MIKESKI TDS. ‘The Death Squad.’
Post Tatee’s.

No comments: