Monday, December 14, 2009

Small Press Poet 5

After meeting at the planning session for the 1978 annual New York Book Fair, Barbara Fisher and I grew closer. I returned from Washington to work with Ten Penny Players. We were funded to develop new audiences for poetry through the New York State Waterways Project of Ten Penny Players, presenting a series of outdoor book fairs along the waterfronts, piers, and bridges of New York. We enlisted a cohort of 25 New York State poetry presses both small press and trade house.

NYS Waterways Project - 1979 1

Each poetry press had its own table. For the presses that could not attend, Barbara tended to a combined exhibit. Jackie Eubanks, Brooklyn College Research Librarian and Small Press activist, advised us:

1 comment:

Rich Traube said...

Hello Mr. Spiegel,

I would like to obtain the source files of my mom, Veronica Traube, reading her poems at Jefferson Market. She died last month and I'd love to have the files for commemoration. Please contact me at rich.traube@gmail.com .